Canon PIXMA G4200 Driver & Software Download
|Canon PIXMA G4200|
Canon Pixma G4200 Wireless MegaTank All-in-One Review
G4200 PIXMA design features Years from now, we will look back at the current era in the inkjet printer, and call this time the "Big Ink" years. Bulk ink supply with your printer, or make it available in large quantities, certainly in the case. It took a while, but eventually responded Canon inkjet giant rival "supertanker" EcoTank Epson inkjet printer, and to a lesser degree, to the model INKvestment Brother. This is a two-line inkjet printer in a different way gives bulk ink. The difference between Epson and Brother approach is that the printer EcoTank Epson take their ink from the reservoir is relatively large that you fill a bottle (or snap in sealed bags), while the model INKvestment Brother using ink cartridges that cost on a per-page basis, sometimes bundled in multiples with the printer. G4200 Wireless Megatank Pixma All-in-One Printer that we are looking at today, another name for a large inkjet join the trend.
Unlike the approach Epson printer design with its EcoTank models, in which the company only installed WorkForce AIO-family existing EcoTank reservoirs and pipes, Megatank Canon printer is an all-new beast. Instead of affixing the inkwell to the side of, say, labor Epson WF-2650 to come up with ET-4550, reservoirs G-series which is integrated in the chassis and visible through the front, as shown here (Pixma G4200 is on the left ) Is it really important, you ask? Well, apart from the G-series models Pixma be a little better looking, consider this: Neither EcoTank and Megatank brand offers the ability to view the ink level of the driver interface. You should see the printer to see how much ink is left. (In fairness, Pixma G-series engine which has a low ink level warning LED.) In many settings, glanced at the front of the printer easier than craning to see the side of the chassis. As you can see in the picture above, the bigger the black ink reservoir located on the left side of the output tray, and the other three color ink on the right side.
As mentioned, the Pixma G4200 is equipped with a 20-sheet ADF to send the original documents to a multipage scanner. Note that the number of 20-page letters is to the original size; which dwindles with five sheets of material legal size / 8.5x14 inches. Also note: This is not an auto-duplexing scanner, which means that when copying or scanning multipage documents with content on both sides, you have to submit them manually scan side two. Wired and wireless connectivity consisting of a Wi-Fi network and connects directly to a PC via USB, as well as mobile connection via Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria, Canon's own Canon Print and application Pixma Cloud, and Wireless PictBridge for printing of digital cameras Canon certain. Missing support for Wi-Fi Direct and Near-Field Communication (NFC) to create a peer-to-peer with mobile devices, but the Canon Print, Pixma Cloud Print, and the other options mentioned here provide ample support for mobile devices.
Performances walkup configuration and basic tasks, such as making copies and scanning to a network drive or cloud, is handled from a simple control panel G4200 Pixma this reserve. All functions are executed via the keypad, although there are two lines of monochrome readout that provides status and help when setting up a task, such as making copies or send faxes. Indeed, this is not the kind of colorful touch screen you'll find on many high-volume AIO, but so far no comparable Epson EcoTank engine (even more expensive WorkForce EcoTank Model ET-4550) has a touch control panel, either. Do not be misled by the price; This, after all, entry-level, low-volume machine heart, which is designed to save money on ink costs. We found the base panel G4200 Pixma was more than adequate and easy to use.
The software bundle is typical for a consumer-grade Pixma printer. It consists of the My Computer, My Image Garden, and the Quick Menu. My computer is a diagnosis, maintenance, and repair utilities, and Image My Garden supplies some special effects, additional tools, and a correction filter to work with images, and scanning interface. Quick Menu provides a collection of always-on icon to access this and other features. Scanning utility also has the ability to perform optical character recognition (OCR) to convert scanned text into a text-editing utility that can be important for any business-oriented AIO. It's also worth noting that the Pixma G4200 is one of the few AIO to date that supports 5x5 inch square this Instagram photo printhead format.Installing well-described in the Getting Started material. In addition detour unusual, fast installation and smooth. We connected our test-bed PC via USB, not wireless, as we always do when Ethernet is not available. Setup, including the initial seven minutes when the printer ink is pumped into the system, it took less than 20 minutes.
Setup & Cost Per Page Ultra-lightweight and compact Pixma easy to remove from their box, and the Pixma G4200, compared with other AIO we've seen, it comes with a minimal amount of tape and other packaging materials. Setting up the printer is different than what you do with most other inkjet printers in two ways, though. First, you fill the reservoir with bottled ink rather than installing the ink cartridges, and secondly, with Megatank printer, you must also install two printheads (confusing, Canon calls them "cartridges"), one for black ink and one for the three other colors. While the two printhead is not at all the same thing, they remind us find the install entry-level Pixma from a few years ago that came with only two ink tanks, one filled with black ink and the other with cyan, magenta, and yellow inks.
Installation printhead well-described in the Getting Started material. In addition detour unusual, fast installation and smooth. We connected our test-bed PC via USB, not wireless, as we always do when Ethernet is not available. Setup, including the initial seven minutes when the printer ink is pumped into the system, it took less than 20 minutes. In addition, perhaps, of the exceptional print quality. G4200 Pixma cost per page (CPP) is the most attractive features of his. Ink replacement cost in the by-the-bottle and on a per-page basis. For example, black ink bottle sells for $ 17.99 on the Canon website, and it is rated at 6,000 pages of results. Three ink colors sell $ 11.99 each, and, when combined with black ink, should be good for around 7,000 pages.
By using the advertised price and the estimated size of the result, we calculate CPP monochrome by 0.3 percent (three-tenths of a cent), and color pages at about 0.8 per cent (eight-tenths of a cent). CPP is almost identical to what we had calculated from the model Epson EcoTank comparable. (Epson offers them in machines from entry-level to high-volume business model.) Printer INKvestment Brother, on the other hand, tends to give one cent for monochrome pages and just under 5 cents for color. It's important to note that the costs of running reflect printed pages with a relatively low percentage of ink coverage (typically, about coverage of 5 percent for the document page black), especially compared with stand-alone photographs, which almost always consists coverage percent to 100 pages with ink.
Even so, photographs and documents (such as brochures or slide PowerPoint) with ink coverage high will cost less than they do on most printers that use ink cartridges standard, including Canon's own photo-minded Pixma TS9020 and TS8020 consumer-grade AIO, and Epson's photo-centric machines, such as Expression Premium XP-640 Small-in-One. Handling Paper Such as control panels, gear paper handling on the Pixma G4200 quite easily, which consists of only the input tray 100-sheet that extends from the rear of the chassis tray can also hold up to 20 sheets of premium photo papers, and because of its location and ease of use, remove the paper that there and reconfiguring it was quite simple. Printed pages landed on a tray that extends from the front of the chassis.
The advantage of this type of paper path is that it is a straight-through; The paper does not have to curl up more to pass under the print head (except when printing double-sided, of course). During our testing, where we print hundreds of pages and scan multipage documents from the ADF, the Pixma G4200-behaved, with no paper jams or other accidents. That said if you want to store a large pile of paper in the printer at the ready, but not exposed in cartridge paper, or want to have a tray of secondary shares (say, on letterhead) that you can call from within your print software, this is not the ideal model You.
- MegaTank Ink System for a continuous ink supply that comes with enough ink to print up 6,000 black pages and 7,000 color pages.
- Print beautiful Borderless photos from 4x6 up to 8.5"x11".
- Sharp black text thanks to black pigment ink.
- CMY Image Garden: My Image Garden software lets you access, organize and personalize your favorite photos.
- PIXMA G1200 MegaTank Inkjet Printer
- Full Set of Ink Bottles (BK, C, M, Y)
- Setup CD-ROM
- Black Printhead
- Color Printhead
- Power Cord
- Conveniently view and refill ink with Integrated Ink Tanks.
- Print detailed documents with Sharp Black Text from the pigment black ink.
- Comes with 30 Times2 the amount of ink - compared to standard ink cartridges.
- Never wait for your prints with Fast Print Speeds5 up to 8.8 ipm (Black) / 5.0 ipm (Color).
- Print beautiful Borderless Photos3 effortlessly.
- Standard Copy
- Max. Copy speed FCOT (Color).Approx. 35 seconds
- Auto Scan Mode
- Standard Interface Hi-Speed USB
- Scanner type Flatbed, Scanning Element, and Contact Image Sensor
- Max. scanner resolutions Optical Up to 2400 x 4800 dpi / Up to 19,200 x 19,200 dpi-Interpolated
- Color Depth 48-bit In/24-bit Ext
- Max. Document size Up to 8.5 x 11.7
- GI-290 BK – Pigment Black Ink
- GI-290 (C/Y/M/) – Dye Based Inks
- GI-290 BK – 135.0 ml
- GI-290 Y – 70.0 ml
- GI-290 C – 70.0 ml
- GI-290 M – 70.0 ml
- Page yield of ink bottles used for initial setup is lower than the replacement, as a certain amount of ink is consumed to fill the print head during the setup (charging the print head initially). Page yield is the estimated value based on Canon individual test method using the ISO/IEC 24712 chart and continuous printing simulation with the replacement ink bottles after initial setup. Page yield of color inks is an average yield of Cyan, magenta and yellow inks combined. Page yield varies significantly depending on content printed and other factors. 6,000 (black) and 7,000 (color) printed pages yields are approximate, based off document pages printed.
- Approximately 30 ink cartridges sets estimate is based on print yield of the included black and color ink bottles as compared to the following standard-capacity cartridge sets: PG-245 Black Ink Cartridge and CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge as of August 2016.
- Wireless printing and scanning require a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Paper types NOT supported for borderless printing are as follows: Envelope, High-Resolution Paper, T-Shirt Transfer, Photo Stickers.
- Document print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734. Photo print speed is based on the default setting using ISO/JIS-SCID N2 on Photo Paper Plus Glossy II and does not take into account data processing time on host computer. Print speed may vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, page coverage, type of paper used, etc. Copy speeds are the average of sFCOT and sESAT, ISO/IEC 29183. Print speed may vary depending on document complexity, copy mode, page coverage, type of paper used, etc. and does not take into account warming up time. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- "Full HD Movie Print" is available from "MOV" and "MP4" movie files created by select Canon EOS Digital SLRs, PowerShot, and VIXIA digital cameras and camcorders. Requires PC or Mac with Intel processor and Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later for "MOV" files, or Canon ImageBrowser EX 1.0 or later for "MOV" or "MP4" files. Print quality is determined by the video resolution. The Function does not upscale video resolution.
- To install using Windows OS,.NET Framework 4 is required. Compatible still image formats are PDF (created using Canon PDF Creator only), JPEG (Exif), TIFF, and PNG. Compatible video formats are MOV (from select Canon digital cameras only) and MP4 (from select Canon digital camcorders only).
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using My Image Garden software and selecting the 1-click feature then "Save to PC."
- The operation can only be guaranteed on a PC with pre-installed Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista SP2 or Windows XP SP3 (32 bit only).
- Internet Connection required during software installation. For full compatibility MacOS, v10.12.1 or later is recommended.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
Canon PIXMA G4200 Driver Download
|Canon PIXMA G4200 series Full Driver & Software Package – Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP|
|Canon PIXMA G4200 series MP Drivers – Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP|
|Canon PIXMA G4200 series XPS Printer Driver – Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP|
|Canon PIXMA G4200 series Full Driver & Software Package – OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7|
|Canon PIXMA G4200 series CUPS Printer Driver – OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7|
|Canon PIXMA G4200 ICA Driver – OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7|
|Canon PIXMA G4200 Easy-WebPrint EX – Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP|
|Canon PIXMA G4200 My Image Garden – Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP|
|Canon PIXMA G4200 Easy-PhotoPrint EX – Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/X|
|Canon PIXMA G4200 Quick Menu – Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP|
|Canon PIXMA G4200 Quick Menu – OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7 2.6.1|
|Canon PIXMA G4200 My Image Garden – OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7|
|Canon PIXMA G4200 IJ Scan Utility – OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7 2.1.6|
|Canon PIXMA G4200 Easy-PhotoPrint EX – OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7|