Canon PIXMA MG5550 Driver Download, Manual Installations, Wireless Setup
|Canon PIXMA MG5550|
The Canon PIXMA MG 5550 has two black ink cartridges: dye-based black for picture printing as well as a pigmented black cartridge for sharp document printing. Pigmented inks don't bleed, leading to much more exact lettering, particularly on the kind of low-grade paper commonly sold in supermarkets. At basic quality, the MG5550's mono message prints are without a doubt sharp and dark and published at a rather swift 11.3 ppm. We don't such as the paper input and result trays as much as those of earlier designs, which kept paper out of the way in a confined box. Big heaps of prints in the resulting tray looked a little unsteady, yet held their order. The MG5550's quick conventional print rate means there's little to be gotten in terms of speed by printing at draft top quality; draft message prints emerged at 11.5 ppm. Nonetheless, the draft setting makes use of less ink and looks equally as sharp, only with thinner lettering.
Close assessment exposes that draft lettering is a little bit extra jagged than its full-quality matching, but it does not show at a look. Colour print rates aren't too bad either, at 3.6 ppm. Nevertheless, for ideal results, you'll intend to utilize thicker paper: a test including 75gsm paper left large locations of dark color looking a little uneven as a result of the huge quantity of ink delegated try on them. Besides small speckling, we enjoyed the top quality of our color website prints and also illustrated service documents, especially in locations of finely graduated shading. Text in small point dimensions was additionally provided sharply. Canon PIXMA MG5550 Print Top quality, An automatic duplexer not just minimizes paper, which is very important if you use good-quality inkjet paper, yet the double-sided papers it produces typically take a look of glossy professionalism that a package of single-sided prints lacks.
That's quite the situation here. The high quality of our color duplex print was among the very best we've seen. Somewhat much less ink is made use of compared to in simplex printing, but this really did not influence the brilliant recreation of our detailed company graphics. Even on thin paper, we didn't see any bleed-through but the contrary side of each web page showed up. Duplex printing is also slow, as the MFP needs to stop while each side tries. Ten color web pages on five sheets of a paper published in 5 mins and also 25 seconds, which exercises at a price of 1.8 ppm. If you've obtained a huge document to print, you'll certainly wish to vanish and also make a favorite while you're waiting. Canon's individual ink printers stand out when it involves image printing, although they can be costly to run if you purchase Canon's leading Platinum Pro photo paper; various other, less costly papers are offered.
We loved the glossy coating of our printers as well as were specifically pleased with the deepness of black tones as well as untinted light colors. Complexion fared well, as did our low-contrast test pictures. Nonetheless, some minor graininess was visible in some prints, specifically those with discreetly graduated shading. The high quality is, however, great given the cost of the MFP. Picture print speeds were additionally practical, with a set of 10x8in prints emerging in three minutes and 39 secs as well as six 6x4in prints appearing in four minutes as well as 19 secs. Canon Pixma MG5550F Conclusion, The Canon PIXMA MG5550 is a strong all-in-one printer, with exceptional print and also scan high quality for an inkjet of this price. Its running costs are reasonably low, with a mixed-colour web page setting you back simply 7.4 p and a mono page a superb 2.3 p. Combining rate, a lot of attributes, excellent print, and scan quality
Canon PIXMA MG5550 Specifications
- Type: Inkjet
- Duplex: Yes
- Print Resolution: 4800 x 1200dpi
- Paper Size: A4
- Sheet Capacity: 100 sheets
- Max Paper Weight: 300g/sm
- Colour: Yes
- Rated Black Speed: 12.2ipm
- Rated Colour Speed: 8.7ipm
- Number of Cartridges: 5
- Print Without PC: Yes
- Height: 148mm
- Width: 455mm
- Depth: 369mm
- Weight: 6.3kg
- Scanner: Yes
- Copier: Yes
- Fax: No
- Scan Resolution: 1200 x 2400dpi
- Connection Type: USB
- Card slot: None
- Networking: Yes
- Extra Features: 62mm touchscreen, Wireless Direct print, AirPrint, duplex
Canon PIXMA MG5320 Wireless Setup
- Find instructions on how to setup the wireless connection on your PIXMA MG5550 printer and also how to reset the printer to factory settings.
- Some access points (sometimes referred to as routers or hubs) feature an automatic connection button labeled “WPS” which stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- This allows permitted devices such as your PIXMA MG5550 to connect to your network without needing to enter a password and it enables a quick and easy method of connecting your devices.
- This method is by far the simplest way of connecting your PIXMA MG5550, so if your access point has a WPS button, please select the ‘WPS Connection Method’ tab below for instructions on connecting using this method.
- If your router does not support WPS, we have provided alternative instructions to get your PIXMA MG5550 connected, so please select the 'Standard Connection Method' tab below.
Canon PIXMA MG5550 WPS Button
If you have a WLAN access point/router that supports WPS, you can easily connect your Canon wireless printer to your home network. Follow the instructions below to set up your connection to the wireless LAN using WPS. Use the or button to select Device settings, then press the OK button.
Setting up PIXMA MG5550 Wireless Connection
- Press the [Home] Button (A) on the printer.
- Use the buttons (A) to select [WLAN Setup] icon.
- Press the left function button (B).
- The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp (C) lights up when the wireless connection is enabled.
- The printer will now automatically search for access points supporting the WPS feature.
- The display on printer should be shown as below -
- Press and hold the [WPS] button on your access point for approximately 5 seconds, then release.
- For exact instructions on starting WPS on your access point, please refer to its user guide.
- Press the [OK] button on the printer within 2 minutes.
- The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp on the printer flashes while searching for or connecting to the access point.
- When the screen below [Connected to the access point] is displayed, Press the [OK] button to complete the setup
Canon PIXMA MG5550 Installing a new device
- Open Windows Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager make sure the device you're attempting to install is not already listed from past install attempts. If the device is found highlight it and remove it from Device Manager to prevent any conflicts during the install.
- Once Device Manager looks ok to reboot the computer.
- As the computer is rebooting an install new hardware wizard should appear if Windows detects the new hardware using this wizard you should be able to point Windows to the folder containing your drivers either on the CD, diskette, or the folder containing the files you downloaded.
- If Windows does not detect any new hardware open Control Panel and double-click the Add hardware icon to run the hardware detection wizard. During the steps, you will have an option to tell Windows you have a disk containing the drivers for your new hardware device, at this point Windows to the directory containing the drivers for your device.
Once drivers have been installed reboot.
Upgrading drivers for pre-existing device
- Open Windows Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager locate the device you wish to update the drivers for.
- Right-click the device and click Properties.
- In the Properties window click the Driver tab.
- Click the Update Driver button.
- In the Hardware Update Wizard point Windows to the location of the updated drivers on your hard drive
Once drivers have been installed reboot.
Install through the .inf file
- Finally, if the above recommendations do not work the installation instructions for drivers and hardware devices are always contained in a .inf file that is located within the drivers.
- Locate the .inf for your version of Windows, right-click that file and choose the option for install. Note this is a very raw form of installing drivers and it is important that you make sure you're installing the correct .inf file and not a .inf file for another device or for a different version of Windows. Additional information and tips about locating the drivers were explained earlier in the general driver tips section.
- Once you have right-clicked and installed the driver, reboot the computer.
- One of the above three recommendations should have installed or updated the drivers successfully onto the computer. If you're still having difficulties getting the device to install it's possible you're not encountering a hardware issue and not an issue with the drivers. Refer to the troubleshooting steps for your hardware device for additional help and information.
Canon PIXMA MG5550 Wireless Setup Mac
- Go to the Canon WLAN setup button
- Click OK get "WPS detected"
- Airport has no WPS button
- Select other setup option
- The screen shows my Network is available Gives me a list of security settings
- ( Disable, WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPE-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP), WPA2-PSK (AES)
- WPA2-PSK (AES) is highlighted and I selected that. Enter my network password and the printer displays connected to access point
- The green light is displayed on the Airport
- I have no problems connecting to the Internet or to a Blue-Ray
- When I try to print, the printer is Offline
- Rebooted the MAC, Airport, and printer several times.
- Features advanced Wi-Fi all-in-One
- copy, print and scan functions
- Features cloud links with PIXMA Google Cloud Print
- Apple AirPrint support and Mobile Printing
- Give Print more with optional XL ink
- Save paper by using the Auto Duplex
- printing photos and documents Quickly
- Using the software of my Garden pictures
Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Canon PIXMA MG5550 Driver Download
|Canon PIXMA MG5550 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5550 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5550 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 126.96.36.199 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5550 MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5550 ICA Driver Ver. 3.3.4 (OS X 10.6)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5550 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 188.8.131.52 (OS X 10.6)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5550 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5550 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 for Linux (Source file)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5550 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.20 for Linux (Source file)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5550 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5550 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.20 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5550 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5550 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.20 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5550 ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3 (Mac)|
Setup Driver Installations For Windows:
- Steps to install the downloaded software and driver for Canon PIXMA MG5550 Series:
- Once the download is complete and you are ready to install the files, click Open Folder, and then click the downloaded file. The file name ends in exe.
- You can accept the default location to save the file. Click Next, and then wait while the installer extracts the files to prepare for installation on your computer or laptop.
- If you closed the Download Complete screen, browse to the folder where you saved the exe file and then double click.
- When the Install Wizard starts, follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
- When finished restart your computer or laptop
- Then do a test print and scan test
- If the test print and scan no problem, then we have managed to install the driver
- Open Control Panel, then click uninstall a program
- Double click on the printer you want to uninstall, and then click ok
- When the end of the uninstalls wizard, click Finish.