Canon PIXMA MG5422 Driver Download, Manual Installations, Wireless Setup
|Canon PIXMA MG5422|
Quality and Various other Problems, Whatever the Canon PIXMA MG5422 sheds for rate, it offsets with result quality that's easily above par on the whole, with common graphics high quality for an inkjet MFP and also especially better text and also photo high quality compared to the majority of. Sides on text personalities aren't fairly as crisp as you 'd receive from a laser, however the message is a lot more understandable at little font dimensions than text from a lot of inkjets, and it's quickly adequate for any type of company use short of desktop publishing.
Graphics quality is at the luxury of the range where most inkjet MFPs drop, making it quickly adequate for any kind of inner service use, consisting of PowerPoint handouts. Relying on what does it cost? of a perfectionist you are, you might consider it suitable for outcome going to a vital client or client. Picture high quality is notably much better than many inkjet MFPs could deliver, as well as far better than you'll obtain from several drug store images.
One minor issue for the MG 5422 is that although it includes a program for printing on optical discs, it's not noticeable where to locate the command for printing discs in the program. Nonetheless, the information is in the onscreen guidebook, so it's not all that tough to discover. Another attribute worth mention is mobile printing, including support for AirPrint and for printing with the cloud. To use mobile printing, nevertheless, you have to link the printer to a network by Wi-Fi, given that the printer doesn't supply Ethernet.
The most effective debate for considering this printer is its output quality. Couple of inkjet MFPs can match it for text top quality, which makes it a good selection for light-duty home office use, as well as few can match it for photo top quality, makings it a wonderful choice for home use. Add in the sensibly great graphics high quality and the appropriate, otherwise impressive, rate, plus the capability to print from and scan to a flash memory card in addition to print on a disc, and also the Canon Pixma MG5422 Wireless Image All-In-One Printer can be an attractive selection for home, office, or the double function of house and also office MFP.
Canon PIXMA MG5422 Specifications
- Printer Category: Ink Jet
- Type: All-In-One
- Color or Monochrome: 1-pass color
- Ink Jet Type: Photo All-Purpose
- Connection Type: USB, Wireless
- Maximum Standard Paper Size: Legal
- Number of Cartridges: 5
- Number of Ink Colors: 5
- Direct Printing from Cameras: No
- Direct Printing from Media Slots: Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro Duo, Secure Digital, MultiMedia Card, MiniSD Card, Secure Digital High Capacity
- LCD Preview Screen: Yes
- Scanner Type: Flatbed
- Scanner Optical Resolution: 2400 pixels per inch
- Maximum Scan Area: 8.5" x 11.7"
- Standalone Copier and Fax: Copier
- Input Capacity (printer input only): 125 sheets
- Print Duplexing: Automatic
- Duplexing Scans: No
- Cost Per Page (Mono): 4.6 cents
- Cost Per Page (Color): 12.7 cents
- Claimed lifetime for photos - dark storage: 300 years
- Claimed lifetime for photos - framed behind glass: 30 years
- Claimed lifetime for photos - exposed: 20 years
- Water/smudge proof or resistant: Yes
- Tech Support: Phone and web support available; 1 year warranty with instant exchange.
Canon PIXMA MG5422 WPS Button
- If you have a WLAN access point/router that supports WPS, you can easily connect your Canon wireless printer to your home network. Follow the instructions below to set up your connection to the wireless LAN using WPS. Use the or button to select Device settings, then press the OK button.
Canon PIXMA MG5422 Wireless Connection Setup
- Find instructions on how to setup the wireless connection on your PIXMA MG5422 printer and also how to reset the printer to factory settings.
- Some access points (sometimes referred to as routers or hubs) feature an automatic connection button labeled “WPS” which stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- This allows permitted devices such as your PIXMA MG5422 to connect to your network without needing to enter a password and it enables a quick and easy method of connecting your devices.
- This method is by far the simplest way of connecting your PIXMA MG5422, so if your access point has a WPS button, please select the ‘WPS Connection Method’ tab below for instructions on connecting using this method.
- If your router does not support WPS, we have provided alternative instructions to get your PIXMA MG5422 connected, so please select the 'Standard Connection Method' tab below.
- Press the [Home] Button (A) on the printer.
- Use the buttons (A) to select [WLAN Setup] icon.
- Press the left function button (B).
- The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp (C) lights up when the wireless connection is enabled.
- The printer will now automatically search for access points supporting the WPS feature.
- The display on printer should be shown as below -
- Press and hold the [WPS] button on your access point for approximately 5 seconds, then release.
- For exact instructions on starting WPS on your access point, please refer to its user guide.
- Press the [OK] button on the printer within 2 minutes.
- The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp on the printer flashes while searching for or connecting to the access point.
- When the screen below [Connected to the access point] is displayed, Press the [OK] button to complete the setup
Canon PIXMA MG5422 Installing a new device
- Open Windows Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager make sure the device you're attempting to install is not already listed from past install attempts. If the device is found highlight it and remove it from Device Manager to prevent any conflicts during the install.
- Once Device Manager looks ok to reboot the computer.
- As the computer is rebooting an install new hardware wizard should appear if Windows detects the new hardware using this wizard you should be able to point Windows to the folder containing your drivers either on the CD, diskette, or the folder containing the files you downloaded.
- If Windows does not detect any new hardware open Control Panel and double-click the Add hardware icon to run the hardware detection wizard. During the steps, you will have an option to tell Windows you have a disk containing the drivers for your new hardware device, at this point Windows to the directory containing the drivers for your device.
- Open Windows Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager locate the device you wish to update the drivers for.
- Right-click the device and click Properties.
- In the Properties window click the Driver tab.
- Click the Update Driver button.
- In the Hardware Update Wizard point Windows to the location of the updated drivers on your hard drive
Install through the .inf file
- Finally, if the above recommendations do not work the installation instructions for drivers and hardware devices are always contained in a .inf file that is located within the drivers.
- Locate the .inf for your version of Windows, right-click that file and choose the option for install. Note this is a very raw form of installing drivers and it is important that you make sure you're installing the correct .inf file and not a .inf file for another device or for a different version of Windows. Additional information and tips about locating the drivers were explained earlier in the general driver tips section.
- Once you have right-clicked and installed the driver, reboot the computer.
- One of the above three recommendations should have installed or updated the drivers successfully onto the computer. If you're still having difficulties getting the device to install it's possible you're not encountering a hardware issue and not an issue with the drivers. Refer to the troubleshooting steps for your hardware device for additional help and information.
Canon PIXMA MG5422 Benefits
- Features advanced Wi-Fi all-in-One
- copy, print and scan functions
- Features cloud links with PIXMA Google Cloud Print
- Apple AirPrint support and Mobile Printing
- Give Print more with optional XL ink
- Save paper by using the Auto Duplex
- printing photos and documents Quickly
- Using the software of my Garden pictures
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Macintosh / OS X v10.11 / OS X v10.10 / Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Linux.
Setup Driver Installations For Windows :
- Steps to install the downloaded software and driver for Canon PIXMA MG5422 Series :
- Once the download is complete and you are ready to install the files, click Open Folder, and then click the downloaded file. The file name ends in exe.
- You can accept the default location to save the file. Click Next, and then wait while the installer extracts the files to prepare for installation on your computer or laptop.
- If you closed the Download Complete screen, browse to the folder where you saved the exe file and then double click.
- When the Install Wizard starts, follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
- When finished restart your computer or laptop
- Then do a test print and scan test
- If the test print and scan no problem, then we have managed to install the driver
Steps to uninstall the drivers from your computer or laptop :
- Open Control Panel, then click unistall a program
- Double click on the printer you want to unistall, and then click ok
- When the end of the uninstall wizard, click Finish.
Canon PIXMA MG5422 Driver Download
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 series Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 188.8.131.52 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 MP Drivers Ver. 1.01 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 ICA Driver Ver. 3.3.4 (OS X 10.6)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 184.108.40.206 (OS X 10.5/10.6)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 series Scanner Driver Ver.19.0.0b (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.60a (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 ScanGear MP Ver. 2.00 for Linux (Source file)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.80 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.80 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.80 for Linux (Source file)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 ScanGear MP Ver. 2.00 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 ScanGear MP Ver. 2.00 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 series User Manual (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5422 series User Manual (Mac)|