Canon PIXMA MX511 Driver Download, Manual Installations, Wireless Setup
The main part of the front panel hinges upwards and also has to be used in its horizontal positioning to enable paper feed to its pull-out outcome tray. The panel contains a 75mm touchscreen which handles a lot of the device's controls, though with properly designed physical buttons for essential functions, including a house-shaped switch to go back to the residence display. The top of its all-black situation is formed by the cover of its single-sheet flatbed scanner, with an extendable, near-vertical paper feed pulling up from the rear of the top surface area, to feed as much as 20 sheets of the image or ordinary paper. The major paper feed comes from a cassette which moves right into the bottom of the front panel and also this can use up to 100 sheets of ordinary paper, though photo blanks cannot be fed from here. Canon PIXMA MX511-- Design and attributes, Canon has actually gone to some difficulty to upgrade its PIXMA MX511 range as well as decrease its desktop footprint. This equipment is around 30 percent smaller compared to its precursor and its cool designing assists to better lower its impact on a provided room.
MPU 1 (Desktop computer/ Tablet computer). 5, single-colour ink cartridges clip into location once you lift the scanner area and also there's a pigmented black ink for printing text on ordinary paper, as well as a dye-based one for intensifying the darker shades in pictures. Our 20-side duplex record returned 3.1 sides each minute, which is also pretty sluggish, mostly as a result of 15-second stops briefly for ink-drying in between front as well as rear ends of each page. 15 x 10cm photos finished in around 50 seconds, which is the only impressive figure from these tests. Ink cartridges are offered in normal as well as high-yield variations and also making use of the higher ability consumables provides web page expenses of 3.0 p for black and 7.4 p for color, neither which is much from the tool's primary rivals. Ought to I purchase the Canon PIXMA MX511. The layout of this equipment owes more to the lifestyle compared to the enthusiast market, but there are opponents from all the main suppliers that should likewise be considered.
Canon PIXMA MX511 as an example, with very comparable specifications, but including a 20-sheet ADF for multi-page copying and also fax. Our 20-side duplex paper returned 3.1 sides each minute, which is additionally rather sluggish, greatly due to 15-second pauses for ink-drying between front and rear ends of each page. 15 x 10cm images finished in around 50 secs, which is the just impressive number from these examinations. The high quality of prints is pretty good, with an extreme black message on ordinary paper, clean, well-saturated colors in service graphics as well as less than a typical lightening of colors in a color copy. Image photos are sharp and natural, though some information is lost in darker areas. Canon ranks the printer at 15ppm in mono as well as 10ppm color. Our 5-page mono message file returned 7.5 ppm, yet this rose to 10.7 ppm on the much longer, 20-page examination. The text and color graphics document provided 3.9 ppm, so none of our results resembled the declared speeds.
The color print rate is fairly slow for this class of machine. We had some difficulty obtaining the Canon PIXMA MX511 to print from its cassette and also after some diagnosis tracked this to it cannot choose paper correctly. Shuffling and reloading the paper showed up to sort this, though it was brand-new sheets of the very same multi-purpose stock we have used for years. Canon rates the printer at 15ppm in mono as well as 10ppm color. Our 5-page mono message paper returned 7.5 ppm, yet this rose to 10.7 ppm on the much longer, 20-page examination. The text and color graphics document offered 3.9 ppm, so none of our results came close to the declared speeds. The color print rate is rather sluggish for this course of the device. Canon PIXMA MX 511-- Print top quality and also rate. Support software consists of Canon's Image Yard and Creative Park Premium applications and gives standard support for all the printer's features. There are totally free applications for iOS as well as Android which are easy and effective, though NFC connection isn't really offered.
Canon PIXMA MX511 Printer Specifications
- Printer Category: Ink Jet
- Color or Monochrome: 1-pass color
- Ink Jet Type: Standard All-Purpose
- Connection Type: USB, Ethernet, Wireless
- Direct Printing from Cameras: Yes (via cable)
- Direct Printing from Media Slots: Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro Duo, Secure Digital, MiniSD Card, Secure Digital High Capacity, Secure Digital Extended Capacity
- Scanner Type: Flatbed with ADF (Standard or Optional)
- Scanner Optical Resolution: 1200 pixels per inch
- Standalone Copier and Fax: Copier, Fax
- Input Capacity (printer input only): 100 sheets
Canon PIXMA MX511 Wireless Setup
How to Connect Canon MX511 to Wireless Network
Insert the Setup CD-ROM that came with your printer into your CD-ROM drive and proceed through the easy to follow instructions. You'll be printing wirelessly in no time. Be sure to select Network Connection, then Wireless Connection on the Connection Method Selection screens.
Connecting to the Wireless Network
Click Connect to the network on the Printer screen
Continue to follow instructions until the Setup Procedure Selection screen appears. This is shown below :
- The printer automatically searches for access points that support WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)*.
- *Unless you are absolutely sure your access point supports WPS and you are familiar with activating this on your access point, press the Stop button on the printer’s operation panel and click on Other Methods on the Setup Procedure Selection screen (screenshot shown below)*.
- If the Push Button Method is not shown on the printer’s operation panel(when no WPS access points have been detected), select Standard setup on the printers operation panel, then click Other Methods on the Setup Procedure Selection screen
- If you selected the Push Button Method, follow any remaining instructions to complete setup. Skip ahead to instruction
- If you selected Other Methods, please continue to the next page for important information
- The printer Canon PIXMA MX511 Wireless automatically searches for access points that support WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)*.
- *Unless you are absolutely sure your access point supports WPS and you are familiar with activating this on your access point, press the Stop button on the printer’s operation panel and click on Other Methods on the Wireless Printer Setup Procedure Selection screen (screenshot shown below)*.
- If the Push Button Method is not shown on the printer’s operation panel(when no WPS access points have been detected), select Standard
- setup on the printers operation panel, then click Other Methods on the Setup Procedure Selection screen
- If you selected the Push Button Method, follow any remaining instructions to complete setup. Skip ahead to instructions
- If you selected Other Methods, please continue to the next page for important information
- If you don't know your Access Point / Router name or SSID*, or the Passphrase or Network key for your wireless network, you can find this information during Standard setup using the Setup CD-ROM or the downloaded files (Mini Master Setup or Master Setup).*
- The terms 'SSID' and 'AccessPoint/ Router' refer to a name used to identify the specific Access Point or Router. "Passphrase' and 'Network
- Key' refer to a password required to prevent unauthorized access to communication.
- Look for the Confirm the access point name or the Confirm the network key (automatic display) buttons during the setup procedure.
- Clicking either of these buttons will give the needed information. See example below of the Wireless Lan Setup Information window. (appearance varies depending on Operating System). Use the provided information when selecting the Access Point / Router and for entering the Network Key
- Clicking either of these buttons will give the needed information. See example below of the Wireless Lan Setup Information window. (appearance varies depending on Operating System). Use the provided information when selecting the Access Point / Router and for entering the Network Key.
- Network setup is complete. Continue to follow any remaining On-screen instructions to install the software. On the Software Installation List screen, select any software to be installed. MP Drivers is required for the printer to be able to print and scan and cannot be de-selected. My Image Garden and Quick Menu are highly recommended to take full advantage of your printer’s features.
Canon MX511 Printer Not Responding Wireless LAN
- Refer to this document when message Printer not responding appears when attempting to print.
- Printer is not responding
- When attempting to print in a wireless LAN environment, message Printer not responding may appear. There are several possible causes for this message.
- Refer to the following list of recommendations then click on the link to open the article and resolve your issue.
- The computer and access point (or wireless router) have lost connection. Restart the computer and then attempt to print again.
- The access point (or wireless router) and wireless printer may not be communicating. Power off and back on the access point and printer to restore communication.
- The printer driver is configured to the proper port.
- The Canon wireless printer will detect nearby access points. If an incorrect access point was inadvertently selected, you will be able to select the correct one. Confirm the network name matches the one selected on the printer and the one on the computer.
Canon MX511 Wireless Setup Mac
- Go to the Canon WLAN set up button
- Click OK get "WPS detected"
- Airport has no WPS button
- Select other setup option
- The screen shows my Network is available Gives me a list of security settings
- ( Disable, WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPE-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP), WPA2-PSK (AES)
- WPA2-PSK (AES) is highlighted and I selected that. Enter my network password and the printer displays connected to access point
- The green light is displayed on the Airport
- I have no problems connecting to the Internet or to a Blue-Ray
- When I try to print, the printer is Offline
- Rebooted the MAC, Airport, and printer several times.
Canon PIXMA MX511 Wireless Connection
- Before connecting the machine to the network, the computer needs to be connected to the network. Make sure that configuration of the computer and access point or router is complete.
- The Network Connection Canon PIXMA MX511
- The configuration, router functions, setup procedures and security settings of the network device vary depending on your system environment. For details,refer to your device's instruction manual or contact its manufacturer.
- In an office setup, consult your network administrator
- If you connect to a network that is not protected with security measures, there is a risk of disclosing data such as your personal information to a third party.
- If an error message appears or if you have trouble with the network connection, refer to the printed manual: Network Setup Troubleshooting.
- Place the machine and computer on the same network segment.
Canon Pixma MX511 Guide Installing the Drivers & Software
- To use the Canon Pixma MX511 by connecting it to a computer Mac,Linux,Windows, software including the drivers needs to be copied (installed) to the computer's hard disk. The installation process takes about 20 minutes. (The installation time varies depending on the computer environment or the number of application software to be installed.)
- Log on as the administrator (or a member of the Administrators group).
- Quit all running applications before installation.
- Do not switch users during the installation process.
- Internet connection may be required during the installation. Connection fees may apply. Consult the internet service provider.
- It may be necessary to restart your computer during the installation process. Follow the on-screen instructions and do not remove the Setup CD-ROM during restarting. The installation resumes once your computer has restarted.
- If the firewall function of your security software is turned on, a warning message may appear that Canon PIXMA MX511 wireless setup software is attempting to access the network. If such a warning message appears, set the security software to always allow access.
Operating System Support:
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux.
Canon PIXMA MX511 Driver Download
|Canon PIXMA MX511 series Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8)|
|Canon PIXMA MX511 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MX511 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 126.96.36.199 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MX511 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MX511 ICA Driver Ver. 3.3.4 (OS X 10.6)|
|Canon PIXMA MX511 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 188.8.131.52 (OS X 10.6)|
|Canon PIXMA MX511 series Scanner Driver Ver.19.1.0a (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MX511 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.65 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MX511 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.10 for Linux (Source file)|
|Canon PIXMA MX511 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.90 for Linux (Source file)|
|Canon PIXMA MX511 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.90 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MX511 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.90 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MX511 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.10 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MX511 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.10 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MX511 ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MX511 Setup Manual For Mac|
|Canon PIXMA MX511 Installation Manual For Windows|
Setup Driver Installations For Windows :
Steps to install the downloaded software and driver for Canon PIXMA MX511 Series :
Once the download is complete and you are ready to install the files, click Open Folder, and then click the downloaded file. The file name ends in exe.
You can accept the default location to save the file. Click Next, and then wait while the installer extracts the files to prepare for installation on your computer or laptop.
If you closed the Download Complete screen, browse to the folder where you saved the exe file and then doble click.
When the Install Wizard starts, follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
When finished restart your computer or laptop
Then do a test print and scan test
If the test print and scan no problem, then we have managed to install the drivers