Canon PIXMA MG5640 Driver Download, Manual Installations, Wireless Setup
|Canon PIXMA MG5640|
Layout and also features The Canon PIXMA MG5640 is an attractive printer with a matte black finish and also an inconspicuous framework that won't take up too much space in your job area. The exact measurements for the tool are 18 inches broad, 14.6 inches deep, and also 5.9 inches high, as well as without auto-document feeder in the back, you can press this printer all the way flush with a wall surface as well as keep it out of the way till you need it. Like most Canon customer inkjet printers, the 2,400 x1,200 dots each inch (dpi) flatbed scanner sits on top of the printer and lifts up by a little indented lip on the lid. You obtain the common 8.5 by 11.7 inches of area to collaborate with here, as well as the company generously gives two verbalizing depend upon the back that allow you raise the cover and also fold it over extra-thick media like textbooks. The front panel has a straightforward 2.5-inch LCD screen that functions well enough to display details regarding your prints, although you won't be doing any kind of sturdy image editing and enhancing on it. The entire front section lifts forward to disclose the five-ink cartridge bay with a pigment black ink that aids duplicate additional dense message prints.
It's additionally simple enough to attach a Wi-Fi network link, giving you accessibility to your files with cloud-based services like Apple AirPrint as well as Google Cloud Print that allow you print wirelessly from iOS gadgets as well as Google Chromebooks, respectively. Canon PIXMA MG5640 additionally works hard to proceed improving the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint app which works with tools running iOS, Android as well as (think it or otherwise) Windows RT With its single-sheet feed tray, you could either duplicate an existing sheet or copy one sheet each time using the scanner, which could be a prompt deal breaker if you make lot of copies. If that's the instance, stop reading right here and check out some office-friendly all-in-one inkjets that will still give excellent print high quality, but which generally supply more convenient extras designed with efficiency in mind. The fundamental set up of the printer is incredibly easy and calls for little initiative, especially if you start with the typical USB link that assists you mount the drivers into a computer system with a hard link. I was able to get it linked to our test desktop computer here running Windows Vista in minutes.
The expense to supply consumables for this printer mainly depends upon how much you use it, but using Canon's costs as well as page returns, we can calculate that the ordinary web page of blended text as well as graphics will cost you regarding 5 cents per web page, for just the black ink cartridge alone; color web pages are somewhat less expensive at just under 3.5 cents each page for each and every cartridge. As the multifunction name explains, the Canon PIXMA MG 5640 additionally operates as a photo copier, however it lacks a tray that generally lets you decrease in stacks of paper for hands-free scanning, also referred to as an auto-document feeder, or ADF. That's not unusual since this is a consumer image printer, so look into the Canon MX472 inkjet if you need much more business-friendly features. It's very easy to see where Canon makes their cash back on the low cost of the machine to obtain you began. The refill prices are the expense to play and Canon buries the blade a little much deeper by consisting of "starter" cartridges with less than ordinary fills, but you can conserve a few bucks in the long-term acquiring Canon's XL ability cartridges that cram in additional ink for a little more.
With the application installed, you can attach to most Canon Pixma or Selphy devices as well as print solitary images with relative ease. Canon likewise bundles in 2 various other software titles: My Image Garden in order to help you arrange as well as get creative with your photos, and also Full HD Movie Print, Canon's very own exclusive software which lets you remove high-quality still photos from flicks filmed on your Canon cameras. Canon PIXMA MG5640 Driver Download, Manual Installations, Wireless Setup, Performance We ran a series of rate and quality examinations on the MG5640 and also the results drop within the appropriate realm It averaged just under three web pages per min using the incorporated outcomes of two different timed tests for color-photo rate as well as a 10-page text paper that utilizes a variety of font sizes and also fonts. If ideal photo top quality is exactly what you're looking and also cash isn't really an issue, we can suggest this printer's output for professional records like slide shows, full-color prints, spread sheets and handouts. The inner vehicle driver lets you cycle with different print qualities to conserve continuing to be inks, and also you'll be more than pleased with the printer's color reproduction-- the darker areas of our sample photo are dense and also unmarred by bleeding shades.
Bright shades pop as they should, as well as the text is well-formed all the way to smaller font sizes. Conclusion The cost of consumables is a limiting factor for the Pixma MG5640 and any kind of consumer picture inkjet printer, though it functions well, prints rapidly and includes an impressive listing of functions.
Canon PIXMA MG5640 Printer Specifications
- Print Speed
- Black: approximately 12.2 ipm; color: approximately 8.7 ipm; 4" x 6" borderless photo: approximately 44 seconds
- Print Resolution
- Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi; Color: Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Built-in Wireless
- Replacement Ink
- PGI-250, PGI-250 XL, CLI-251, CLI-251 XL Black Ink Cartridges, CLI-251, CLI-251 XL Cyan, CLI-251, CLI-251 XL Magenta, CLI-251, CLI-251 XL Yellow, CLI-251, CLI-251 XL Grey Color Ink Cartridges
- Built-in Wirless LAN (802.11b/g/n)
- Print from multiple computers
- PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS)
- Lets you print and scan photos or documents from your compatible mobile device
- Print wirelessly and effortlessly from your compatible Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Direct Print Supported:
- USB 2.0 and PictBridge-enabled devices
- Copier Settings:
- Color: approximately 20 seconds
- Scan Settings:
- Optical: up to 1200 x 2400 dpi
- Paper and Media Compatibility: output tray capacity: 100 sheets plain paper or 20 sheets of 4" x 6" photo paper
- Media Types: plain paper, Canon High Resolution Paper, Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy, Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster, Matte Photo Paper, envelopes, borderless media
- User's Guide
- Installation CD-ROM
- Power cord
- Photo Paper Sample Pack (5 sheets)
- Setup Ink Tanks
- USB cable not included. To shop for a USB printer cable
Canon PIXMA MG5640 Wireless Setup
- Find instructions on how to setup the wireless connection on your PIXMA MG5640 printer and also how to reset the printer to factory settings.
- Some access points (sometimes referred to as routers or hubs) feature an automatic connection button labeled “WPS” which stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- This allows permitted devices such as your PIXMA MG5640 to connect to your network without needing to enter a password and it enables a quick and easy method of connecting your devices.
- This method is by far the simplest way of connecting your PIXMA MG5640, so if your access point has a WPS button, please select the ‘WPS Connection Method’ tab below for instructions on connecting using this method.
- If your router does not support WPS, we have provided alternative instructions to get your PIXMA MG5640 connected, so please select the 'Standard Connection Method' tab below.
Setting up PIXMA MG5640 Wireless Connection
- Press the [Home] Button (A) on the printer.
- Use the buttons (A) to select [WLAN Setup] icon.
- Press the left function button (B).
- The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp (C) lights up when the wireless connection is enabled.
- The printer will now automatically search for access points supporting the WPS feature.
- The display on printer should be shown as below -
- Press and hold the [WPS] button on your access point for approximately 5 seconds, then release.
- For exact instructions on starting WPS on your access point, please refer to its user guide.
- Press the [OK] button on the printer within 2 minutes.
- The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp on the printer flashes while searching for or connecting to the access point.
- When the screen below [Connected to the access point] is displayed, Press the [OK] button to complete the setup
Canon PIXMA MG5640 Wireless Setup Mac OS
- To begin setup of your PIXMA MG5640 on your wireless network, you must first download the software to your computer. Click here to download. After the file, mac-MG5640 -1_0-mcd.dmg , has downloaded successfully, double-click it to start the install procedure. Click Next on the first screen.
- Network Requirements, Before connecting the machine to the network, make sure that configuration of the computer and access point or router is complete, and that the computer is connected to the network.
- Wireless Connection, Before connecting the machine to the network, the computer needs to be connected to the network. Make sure that configuration of the computer and access point or router is complete.
- The configuration, router functions, setup procedures and security settings of the network device vary depending on your system environment. For details, refer to your device's instruction manual or contact its manufacturer.
- In an office setup, consult your network administrator
- If you connect to a network that is not protected with security measures, there is a risk of disclosing data such as your personal information to a third party.
- Place the machine and computer on the same network segment.
- Software Installation To use the machine by connecting it to a computer, software including the drivers needs to be copied (installed) to the computer's hard disk. Installation time varies depending on the computer environment or the number of application software to be installed.
Canon PIXMA MG5640 Setting up the Network Connection
- Log on as the administrator (or a member of the Administrators group).
- Quit all running applications before installation.
- Do not switch users during the installation process.
- Internet connection may be required during the installation. Connection fees may apply. Consult the internet service provider.
- If the firewall function of your security software is turned on, a warning message may appear that Canon software is attempting to access the network. If such a warning message appears, set the security software to always allow access.
- If your MG5640 has already been set up for on your wireless network , it is only necessary to install the software on the additional computer(s). The printer does not have to be reset and no additional settings need to be made.
- To begin setup of your PIXMA MG5640 on your wireless network, you must first download the software to your computer.
- After the file, mac-MG5640 -1_0-mcd.dmg , has downloaded successfully, double-click it to start the install procedure.
- Click Next on the first screen. If prompted, enter the Administrative Password to continue.
- Click Next on the following screen.
- Continue following on-screen instructions. On the Printers on Network List, select your printer (its serial number will be listed in the Serial Number column) and click Next.
- Continue following on-screen instructions. On the Software Installation List, select *software to install and click Next. (*MP Drivers and Canon IJ Network Tool are required and cannot be deselected. We recommend installing My Image Garden, Quick Menu and IJ Scan Utility2 to take full advantage of the printer’s features.)
- Continue following the on-screen instructions.
- When the Add Printer screen appears, click Add Printer.
- Select the Canon MG5640 series with Canon IJ Network listed in the Kind column, then click Add.
- Click Next on the Add Printer screen.
- Continue following on-screen instructions.
- When the Setup Complete screen appears, click Next.
- At this point, setup of the printer and network is complete. Continue to follow any remaining on-screen instructions to finish and exit the setup program.
Operating System Support:
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
How to Setup Install Canon PIXMA MG5640 Printer Driver For Windows:
Canon PIXMA MG5640 Driver Download
|Canon PIXMA MG5640 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5640 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5640 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.126.96.36.199 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5640 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5640 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 188.8.131.52 (OS X 10.6)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5640 ICA Driver Ver. 4.1.3 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5640 XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.80 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5640 ICA Driver Ver. 3.3.4 (OS X 10.6)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5640 ScanGear MP Ver. 3.00 for Linux (Source file)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5640 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.00 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5640 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.00 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5640 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.00 for Linux (Source file)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5640 ScanGear MP Ver. 3.00 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5640 ScanGear MP Ver. 3.00 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5640 series (PDF) User Manual (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG5640 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)|
How to Setup Install Canon PIXMA MG5640 Printer Driver For Windows:
- First you first download the printer driver
- Once you are ready to download you will have the canon printer driver installed, Download preemptively on the link below
- Please double click on the printer driver file you have downloaded earlier
- The first is the desktop screen that will display the area and please Select Select your residence. Select Asia and click Next. Then the choice of installation method will appear.
- Click "Easy Install" especially for beginners. Because this is an easy installation without further setup.
- On the confirmation page. Click "Install"
- Will Show three installation steps are: License, Installation and Setup. Click "Yes" and wait until the installation is complete
- Open Control Panel, then click uninstall a program
- Double click on the printer you want to uninstall, and then click ok
- When the end of the uninstalls wizard, click Finish.