Canon PIXMA MG7160 Driver Download, Manual Installations, Wireless Setup
|Canon PIXMA MG7160|
Canon PIXMA MG7160 – Design and Features, Printer ice-white or the jet-black case of this PIXMA printer (your choice) repeats earlier Canon machines, but is lower profile and with less to suspend it in the style of buttons and controls. That is because a combination of the control panel area besieging the 88mm touchscreen is a touch panel, with illuminated, context-sensitive icons performing as if by magic when must need. There’s no Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) on the machine, but the 2,400 x 4,800ppi flatbed scanner is only one method of feeding images into the computer. There are three memory card slots behind the fold-down front panel, including CompactFlash, which may interest older SLR camera owners (such as Canon’s).
As you fold down the front cover, paper support swings out automatically to form the output platter. You still have to pick a support extension explanation manually, but it’s a start. There are two, low-profile document trays, the higher one for up to 20 sheets Canon of photo document up to 7 x 5 inches, this cheaper one for 150 sheets of plain paper. Both capacities are a bit small. Clipped to the bottom of the photo tray is a CD/DVD/Blu-ray carrier for direct printing on covered discs. Flip down a small shelter inside the machine and slot the carrier in with a blank disc to print.
Canon PIXMA MG7160 – Cartridges and Connections, Getting at the six ink cartridges could hardly be more comfortable. The control panel, including its touchscreen, cantilevers upwards like the trays in a Snap-on toolbox and the print head slides to the centre of the carriage, with indicator LEDs flashing for any cartridge that needs attention. A USB connection at the back looks almost like a legacy offering as the printer is better prepared to working print wirelessly. As well as presenting wireless networked printing, it supports Wi-Fi Direct for both copy and scanning and seat, can link via AirPrint and Google Cloud Print, too.
With PIXMA Cloud link, you can also call down files stored online, directly from the printer. The only thing lost is Near Field Communication (NFC) support for quick free print setup. Canon PIXMA MG7160 – Print Speed and Canon specs the PIXMA MG 7160 at 15ppm printing black and 10ppm printing colour. We observed a maximum of 10.3ppm in black, on our 20-page test print, and 3.7ppm in colour, on a 5-page document print. Two thirds the rating for black print is not too bad, and anything over 10ppm for an inkjet is useful. 3.7 ppm is no so hot, but in the machine did not feel slow. Duplex print of the 20-side canon print document supplied an excellent 4.1 sides per minute.
A colour copy from the flatbed took 19s, which is good, and 15 x 10cm photos did all active with an outstanding 27s for a borderless printing from SD card. A wireless print from a Samsung Galaxy Android smartphone only took 41s, as well. Canon PIXMA Print type MG7160 Print Quality and Print Costs Canon is the best Print quality, as we’ve come to expect from Canon over the years, is pretty much as good as you’ll get from an inkjet. Black text is dense and sharp, colours are bright, and attention-grabbing and solid fills show no signs of banding or dither patterns. Black version over colour is well registered. Photo prints give natural colours and smooth transitions, and there’s plenty of detail, even in darker areas of images. The back page cost, using XL ink cartridges, is 3.1p, very similar to those of other all-in-ones in this market.
With Canon’s extra grey ink, designed to improve black-and-white photo prints, colour page costs are a little higher than with some five-ink machines, but still, come out at a very acceptable 8.4p. Verdict, The Canon PIXMA MG7160, is an excellent all-around all-in-one for home and particularly photo-enthusiast use. Its neat design and intelligent control panel are supported by excellent wireless equipment, making it good-suited to buyers who need to print from a variety of sophisticated devices Canon PIXMA MG7160 Driver Download, Manual Installations, Wireless Setup for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and Review.
Canon PIXMA MG7160 Printer Specifications
- Ink Droplet Size: 1pl/2pl/5pl (C/M/GY), 5pl (Dye BK/Y), 12pl (PgBK).
- Printing Resolution: 9600 (horizontal)1x 2400 (vertical) dpi.
- Print Speed: B&W: 15.0ipm Colour: 10.0ipm4”X6” Photo: Approx. 21seconds.
- Ink Tanks: PGi650BK, CLi651BK, CLi651C, CLi651M, CLi651Y, CLi651GY(optional XL ink tanks also available).
- Ink Yield: Borderless 4”X6” photo, PGI-650BK/ XL(3050/3900), CLI-651C / XL (168 / 369), CLI-651M / XL (168 / 369), CLI-651Y/ XL (168 / 359), CLI-651GY/ XL (125 / 275), CLI-651BK / XL (495 / 1125).
- Plain paper A4: PGI-650BK / XL (300 / 500), CLI-651C / XL (304 / 665), CLI-651M / XL (298 / 660), CLI-651Y / XL (330 / 685), CLI-651GY/ XL (780 / 3350), CLI-651BK / XL (1105 / 4425).
- Borderless Printing: 4"x6", 5"x 7", 8"x10", Letter, A4.
- Paper Capacity: Lower Cassette -125sheets. Upper Cassette –20 sheets.
- Supported Paper Sizes: A4, Letter, Legal, A5, B5, Envelopes (DL, COM10), 4"x6", 5"x7", 8"x10".
- Supported Paper Weights: Plain Paper: 64-105g/m².
- Canon specialty paper (max paper weight): approx 300g/m² (PT-101).
- Protocol: TCP/IP.
- Wireless LAN Network Type: IEEE802.11n, IEEE802.11g, IEEE802.11b.
- Frequency Band / Channel: 2.4GHz / 1-13.
- Wireless LAN Range: Indoor 50m (depends on the transmission speed and conditions).
- Wireless LAN Security: WEP64/128bit, WPA-PSK(TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES).
- Wired LAN Network Type: IEEE802.3u（100BASE-TX）/IEEE802.3（10BASE-T）.
- Copier Functions
- Speed: Colour document: Approx 14 sec.
- Multiple Copy: Up to 99 copies.
- Reduction/Enlargement: 25% to >400%.
- Special Copy Functions: Two-sided, borderless, 2 on 1, 4 on 1, fit-to-page, disc label, frame erase.
- Scanner Type: Flatbed CIS.
- Scanning resolution: 2400 x 4800 optical dpi.
- Scanning Bit Depth (Input/ Output): Greyscale: 16bit/8bit, Colour: 48bit/24bit (RGB each 16bit/8bit).
- Power Source: AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz.
- Power Consumption: Standby (Lamp off, connect to PC via USB): Approx 1.0W,OFF (Connect to PC via USB) 0.2W, Copying: Approx 17W.
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 466 x 369 x 148mm.
- Weight: Approx. 8.2kg.
Canon PIXMA MG7160 Wireless Setup
- Find instructions on how to setup the wireless connection on your PIXMA MG7160 printer and also how to reset the printer to factory settings.
- Some access points (sometimes referred to as routers or hubs) feature an automatic connection button labelled “WPS” which stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- This allows permitted devices such as your PIXMA MG7160 to connect to your network without needing to enter a password and it enables a quick and easy method of connecting your devices.
- This method is by far the simplest way of connecting your PIXMA MG7160, so if your access point has a WPS button, please select the ‘WPS Connection Method’ tab below for instructions on connecting using this method.
- If your router does not support WPS, we have provided alternative instructions to get your PIXMA MG7160 connected, so please select the 'Standard Connection Method' tab below.
Setting up PIXMA MG7160 Wireless Connection
- Press the [Home] Button (A) on the printer.
- Use the buttons (A) to select [WLAN Setup] icon.
- Press the left function button (B).
- The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp (C) lights up when the wireless connection is enabled.
- The printer will now automatically search for access points supporting the WPS feature.
- The display on printer should be shown as below -
- Press and hold the [WPS] button on your access point for approximately 5 seconds, then release.
- For exact instructions on starting WPS on your access point, please refer to its user guide.
- Press the [OK] button on the printer within 2 minutes.
- The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp on the printer flashes while searching for or connecting to the access point.
- When the screen below [Connected to the access point] is displayed, Press the [OK] button to complete the setup
Canon PIXMA MG7160 Wireless Setup Mac OS
- To begin setup of your PIXMA MG7160 on your wireless network, you must first download the software to your computer. Click here to download. After the file, mac-MG7160 - 1_0-mcd.dmg, has downloaded successfully, double-click it to start the install procedure. Click Next on the first screen.
- Network Requirements, Before connecting the machine to the network, make sure that the configuration of the computer and access point or router is complete, and that the computer is connected to the network.
- Wireless Connection, Before connecting the machine to the network, the computer needs to be connected to the network. Make sure that the configuration of the computer and access point or router is complete.
- The configuration, router functions, setup procedures and security settings of the network device vary depending on your system environment. For details, refer to your device's instruction manual or contact its manufacturer.
- In an office setup, consult your network administrator
- If you connect to a network that is not protected with security measures, there is a risk of disclosing data such as your personal information to a third party.
- Place the machine and computer on the same network segment.
- Software Installation To use the machine by connecting it to a computer, software including the drivers needs to be copied (installed) to the computer's hard disk. Installation time varies depending on the computer environment or the number of application software to be installed.
Canon PIXMA MG7160 Setting up the Network Connection
- Log on as the administrator (or a member of the Administrators group).
- Quit all running applications before installation.
- Do not switch users during the installation process.
- Internet connection may be required during the installation. Connection fees may apply. Consult the internet service provider.
- If the firewall function of your security software is turned on, a warning message may appear that Canon software is attempting to access the network. If such a warning message appears, set the security software to always allow access.
- If your MG7160 has already been set up for on your wireless network, it is only necessary to install the software on the additional computer(s). The printer does not have to be reset and no additional settings need to be made.
- To begin setup of your PIXMA MG7160 on your wireless network, you must first download the software to your computer.
- After the file, mac-MG7160 - 1_0-mcd.dmg, has downloaded successfully, double-click it to start the install procedure.
- Click Next on the first screen. If prompted, enter the Administrative Password to continue.
- Click Next on the following screen.
- Continue following on-screen instructions. On the Printers on Network List, select your printer (its serial number will be listed in the Serial Number column) and click Next.
- Continue following on-screen instructions. On the Software Installation List, select *software to install and click Next. (*MP Drivers and Canon IJ Network Tool are required and cannot be deselected. We recommend installing My Image Garden, Quick Menu and IJ Scan Utility2 to take full advantage of the printer’s features.)
- Continue following the on-screen instructions.
- When the Add Printer screen appears, click Add Printer.
- Select the Canon MG7160 series with Canon IJ Network listed in the Kind column, then click Add.
- Click Next on the Add Printer screen.
- Continue following on-screen instructions.
- When the Setup Complete screen appears, click Next.
- At this point, the setup of the printer and network is complete. Continue to follow any remaining on-screen instructions to finish and exit the setup program.
Operating System Support:
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Canon PIXMA MG7160 Driver Download
|Canon PIXMA MG7160 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MG7160 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9)|
|Canon PIXMA MG7160 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.22.214.171.124 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG7160 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MG7160 series ICA Driver Ver. 3.3.4 (OS X 10.6)|
|Canon PIXMA MG7160 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 126.96.36.199 (OS X 10.6)|
|Canon PIXMA MG7160 XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG7160 ScanGear MP Ver. 2.20 for Linux (Source file)|
|Canon PIXMA MG7160 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG7160 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG7160 ScanGear MP Ver. 2.20 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG7160 ScanGear MP Ver. 2.20 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|Canon PIXMA MG7160 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 for Linux (Source file)|
|Canon PIXMA MG7160 series ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG7160 Setup Manual For Mac|
|Canon PIXMA MG7160 Troubleshooting Manual For Windows|
How to Setup Install Canon PIXMA MG7160 Printer Driver For Windows:
- First, you first download the printer driver
- Once you are ready to download you will have the canon printer driver installed, Download preemptively on the link below
- Please double click on the printer driver file you have downloaded earlier
- The first is the desktop screen that will display the area and please Select Select your residence. Select Asia and click Next. Then the choice of installation method will appear.
- Click "Easy Install" especially for beginners. Because this is an easy installation without further setup.
- On the confirmation page. Click "Install"
- Will Show three installation steps are License, Installation, and Setup. Click "Yes" and wait until the installation is complete
Steps to Uninstall the Canon PIXMA MG7160 drivers from your PC or Laptop:
- Open Control Panel, then click uninstall a program
- Double click on the printer you want to uninstall, and then click ok
- When the end of the uninstalls wizard, click Finish.